- Year of composition: 2015
- Duration: 63:04
- Instrumentation: string quintet, processing and spatialisation system
Organizational structures hide the phenomena on which they are built. For example, spoken language requires both a certain perception of fundamental elements (phonemes), and a state of transcendence that enables us to forget these very elements. Similarly, in the aural sphere, music is the negation of sound for the benefit of its organization. Nevertheless, a sound that is completely left to its autonomous state (as opposed to it being collected for its potential as a poetic tool) goes back to the hum of nature. Thus, in order for it to be aesthetically perceivable, sound needs music as much as music needs sound. Musique d’art pour quintette à cordes articulates this dialectical tension between sound and music; seeking balance.
- March 5, 2015, Montréal / Nouvelles Musiques 2015: Musique d’art pour quintette à cordes, Agora de la danse, Montréal (Québec)
- Bozzini Quartet (Alissa Cheung, violin; Clemens Merkel, violin; Stéphanie Bozzini, viola; Isabelle Bozzini, cello)
- Pierre-Alexandre Maranda, double bass
- 2018-01-17 – 2018-01-18, Salle de concert Oscar-Peterson – Campus Loyola – Université Concordia, Montréal (Québec)