A multimedia exhibit will take place from March 21 to August 15, 2009, featuring graphic scores from nine composers living in Québec, such as Canot-camping by Jean Derome. The exhibit is presented in the Marvin Duchow Music Library of McGill University in Montréal.
Sylvain Fortier in conversation with Danielle Palardy Roger. In the first of our brand new podcast series, the composer and percussionist talks about her work and offers us a few excerpts from her most recent releases, Pas de deux and Phénix.
Great news! Five Ambiances Magnétiques albums ranked amongst the best releases of 2008!
- Top 5: Le Phénix by Les Poules (Délire Actuel, CFLX-FM, Sherbrooke, Québec)
- Top 10: Clic by Bernard Falaise (CIBL-FM, Montréal, Québec)
- Top 15: Y’a du bruit dans ma cabane by Ensemble Supermusique (Delire Actuel, CFLX-FM, Sherbrooke, Québec)
- Top 20: Pas de deux by Danielle Palardy Roger and Fred Frith (Squidco, USA)
- Top 100: Visions Fugitives Op.22 by Quartetski Does Prokofiev (CKUT-FM, Montréal, QC)
Ensemble SuperMusique presents its Grand Annual Concert with Y’a du bruit dans ma cabane. Musicians Jean Derome, Joane Hétu, Diane Labrosse, Pierre-Yves Martel, Danielle Palardy Roger, Pierre Tanguay and Martin Tétreault, as well as video artist David Emmanuel Fafard and sound engineer Colin Gagné, will stand where no-one stops, and create a customized universe of the rooms of a house. The concerts will take place at the SAT, in Montréal, on December 17 and 18, 2008.