Bertrand Denzler will give an improvisation workshop as part of the Jazz à Mulhouse festival at the Conservatoire de Mulhouse (France) from August 25 to 29, 2008. He will also play in concert with Hubbub on August 28; and with the saxophone quartet Propagations on August 30.
The French magazine Revue & corrigée (#76, June 2008) has published an impelling article Pourquoi faites-vous des disques? (“Why do you make CDs?”). Jérôme Noetinger, remembering the 1987 Libération special issue asking “Why do you make films?” and the answer by Jean-Luc Godard (“I make movies to avoid the why question”), has decided to ask “the why question" to about 40 artists and producers, amongst whom: Jean-François Denis, Bertrand Denzler, Bernard Fort, Lionel Marchetti, Martin Tétreault, Carole Rieussec, Joëlle Léandre…
Coinciding with the release of its new CD shortcut on Cathnor Recordings label, the Trio Sowari (Phil Durrant, computer; Bertrand Denzler, saxophone; Burkhard Beins, percussion) will be touring Europe:
- May 28, 2008: at Théâtre du Saulcy in Metz (France);
- May 9, 2008: at La Malterie in Lille (France);
- May 30, 2008: at Instants Chavirés in Montreuil (France);
- May 31, 2008: at Centre d’Art Passerelle in Brest (France);
- June 20, 2008: at t-u-b-e in München (Germany)