“Does the clarinet have an escape ladder? For twenty years I’ve been asking myself this question. In the beginning, when all of the guys my age were playing guitar, I chose clarinet. First I learned in the school band, then I formed my own band… a rock band, where I played bass… on clarinet.
With such a start, I never did what I was really supposed to on this instrument. First I started by imitating Jimi Hendrix’s solos and Joe Cocker’s voice. Later on, I was copying solos of the analog synthesizers instead of practicing the Klosé etudes and the Mozart concerto.
I seem to be fated to remain a marginal clarinettist but I feel a lot better about it. I’ve even started to practice the septemdecuplet in Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue intro… Mom would be proud!” —Robert Marcel Lepage.
Versatile musician, who worked on sound tracks for film and TV, Robert Marcel Lepage, along with over twenty other musicians, take us on world trip aboard his clarinet.
This box set contains the following items:
- Composer(s): Robert Marcel Lepage
- Performer(s): Louis Babin, Iain Booth, Claude Castonguay, Benoît Clément, Jean Derome, Louis Gagné, Rick Haworth, Mario Légaré, Serge Lépine, Saïd Mesnaoui, Jean René, Jean Sabourin, Michel Séguin Jr, Claude Simard, Pierre Tanguay, Martin Tétreault, Abdou Tikéroïne, Marc Villemure, Tom Walsh
- Author(s): Robert Marcel Lepage
- Cover image: Robert Marcel Lepage
- Graphic design: Nicole Morisset
Book + CD (AM 046-B)
- 2Rock around the cloche, 2:02
- 5Le chœur des anches, 2:14
- 6La marque du M, 2:10
- 7Mustang Dimitri, 2:06
- 9Émail Blues, 1:59
- 10Embouchure embuscade, 0:57
- 11Techno pita, 2:09
- 12Zorbanlieu, 1:30
- 13Clar’ilette noire, 4:36
- 17Mes petites juives, 0:35
- 18Tintin au Rajasthan, 2:09
- 19Sahararinette, 4:53
- 22Portrait en clarinettes courtes (alors que tous les gars de mon âge se mettaient à la guitare…), 3:44
- Label: Musique Tacite
- AM 046-B / 1999
- UCC 771028194698
- ISBN 298063350X
- Total duration: 52:26
- 190 mm × 172 mm × 7 mm
- 155 g