Disc Clic by Bernard Falaise, released in 2007, is 25% off to celebrate 25 years of new music at DAME (until the end of February). “… un de ces artistes atypiques que seul le Québec semble capable d’engendrer.” — Solénoïde (France)
The 12th Opus prizes winners were announced on January 25, 2009 in Montréal. Amongst the 26 Opus Prizes… the “Disc of the Year — Musique actuelle, Electroacoustics” was awarded to Clic by Bernard Falaise.
Great news! Five Ambiances Magnétiques albums ranked amongst the best releases of 2008!
- Top 5: Le Phénix by Les Poules (Délire Actuel, CFLX-FM, Sherbrooke, Québec)
- Top 10: Clic by Bernard Falaise (CIBL-FM, Montréal, Québec)
- Top 15: Y’a du bruit dans ma cabane by Ensemble Supermusique (Delire Actuel, CFLX-FM, Sherbrooke, Québec)
- Top 20: Pas de deux by Danielle Palardy Roger and Fred Frith (Squidco, USA)
- Top 100: Visions Fugitives Op.22 by Quartetski Does Prokofiev (CKUT-FM, Montréal, QC)
Two new releases on Ambiances Magnétiques label:
- Shruti Project by Ganesh Anandan and John Gzowski that proposes a series of structured improvisations using Indian and Indonesian tunings, and inspired by the work of contemporary composers.
- Clic by Bernard Falaise proposes different studies on tempi resiliency and superpositions, and on the domestic birds’ capacity to learn languages!