Six DAME albums are nominated for the 2009 Opus Prizes. Arbor Vitæ by the Bozzini Quartet and Miroir des vents by Quasar are both nominated in the “Disc of the Year — Modern and Contemporary Musics” category. As for Live at Upstairs 2008 by Normand Guilbeault Ensemble is nominated in the “Disc of the Year — Musique actuelle, Electroacoustics” category. Y’a du bruit dans ma cabane by Ensemble SuperMusique and Pas de deux by Fred Frith and Danielle Palardy Roger are nominated in the “Disc of the Year — Musique actuelle, Electroacoustics.” Additionally, Confiture de Gagaku by Jean Derome is nominated for “Concert of the Year — actuelle and electroacoustic musics”. The 13th Opus Prize Gala will take place on January 31, 2010 at the Salle Claude-Champagne, Université de Montréal.
Great news! Five Ambiances Magnétiques albums ranked amongst the best releases of 2008!
- Top 5: Le Phénix by Les Poules (Délire Actuel, CFLX-FM, Sherbrooke, Québec)
- Top 10: Clic by Bernard Falaise (CIBL-FM, Montréal, Québec)
- Top 15: Y’a du bruit dans ma cabane by Ensemble Supermusique (Delire Actuel, CFLX-FM, Sherbrooke, Québec)
- Top 20: Pas de deux by Danielle Palardy Roger and Fred Frith (Squidco, USA)
- Top 100: Visions Fugitives Op.22 by Quartetski Does Prokofiev (CKUT-FM, Montréal, QC)
Ensemble SuperMusique presents its Grand Annual Concert with Y’a du bruit dans ma cabane. Musicians Jean Derome, Joane Hétu, Diane Labrosse, Pierre-Yves Martel, Danielle Palardy Roger, Pierre Tanguay and Martin Tétreault, as well as video artist David Emmanuel Fafard and sound engineer Colin Gagné, will stand where no-one stops, and create a customized universe of the rooms of a house. The concerts will take place at the SAT, in Montréal, on December 17 and 18, 2008.
- Detailed information at supermusique.qc.ca
Featuring six exceptional soloists and a huge palette of sounds, Y’a du bruit dans ma cabane is Ensemble SuperMusique’s latest release.